If you are thinking about selling a property we will provide you with a detailed quote so you know exactly where you stand.
If you are satisfied with the quote, then all you need to do is give our details to the Estate Agent or Mortgage Provider and we will handle everything from there.
The only other cost involved in a sale will be the cost of obtaining up to date office copies and a bank transfer fee, to repay the monies owed to your lender.
The general process will be as follows:
- We will gather some initial details from you, so that we can progress with the sale as quickly and smoothly as possible, with minimal disruption to you.
- We will obtain details of the title to your property from Land Registry.
- We will contact your Lender and request any documents they may hold, and obtain a redemption figure on your mortgage.
- We will also draft a Contract and send this to the Buyer’s solicitors.
- We will deal with any enquiries raised by the Buyer’s solicitors.
- We will arrange for you to sign the Sale Agreement and you will let us know what completion dates suits you best. We will liaise with the Buyer’s solicitors and, if appropriate, the Estate Agents in order to agree the moving date.
- We will proceed to exchange contracts with the Buyer’s solicitors and will receive a deposit from the Buyer’s solicitors – this can be as much as 10% of the purchase price but will depend upon the amount being borrowed by the Buyer or whether there is a chain of properties involved. This is the stage at which both you and the Buyer are legally committed to the transaction.
- You will sign the Transfer Deed in readiness for completion.
- On the date agreed for completion, the Buyer’s solicitors will transfer to us the balance of the purchase monies.
- You will vacate the property ensuring all items of furniture etc are removed save for those items included in the sale.
- We will send the Transfer Deed and other relevant documents to the Buyer’s solicitors and pay off your mortgage.
- We will settle the Estate Agent’s account, deduct our own fees and remit the remaining monies to you or utilise the same towards any related purchase.
- We will send to you a detailed financial statement when formally reporting completion to you.
For further information please contact Property Solicitors on 0161 865 2673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org